Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Mantel 2010

Christmas Mantel 2009

Christmas Mantel 2010! As y'all can see I jazzed things up a bit this year!;) 98% of all items I already owned.

I love this chair! The old world Santa we purchased a few years back at Cracker Barrel. Gingham pillow is an everyday pillow that I just turned around backwards and the green pillow is from a few yrs back thanx to HobLob.

The newest addition this past year to our mantle is one the faux finish I did back in the spring and second the large mirror from our dresser. The little mirror I borrowed from our bathroom. I purchased it back in August from the local yard sale site. The wreath I made from a basic small green wreath that I had from a few years back that I got on clearance at Target. All I did was purchase a $3 candle ring to top it off and doubled up on ribbon.

I love my Nutcracker topiaries! We purchased these last year at Cracker Barrel. I think they were only $10 a piece on sale.

Back in 05  I purchased us all Pottery Barn Kids stockings.... plus one to grow with HA! They were only $7 each and I just loved um. Last year I had purchased wooden initials that I was trying to find time to do but when I saw these glitter initials at WM the other day for just $1 they jumped right in our cart! Maybe I will get the wooden ones done for next year!;)

I am a sucker for my Marks Roberts Fairies!

I use to get one every Christmas from my boys but when we moved to Baton Rouge they were kinda hard to find. I actually think I am missing one but can't for the life of me think of where it would be.

Here is my little basket thingy fairy. Not quite sure what he is for but I still love him. Never had a good spot for him until this year.

Here is our t.v. armoire. I changed it up a bit this year as well.

I bumped the sign down to the inside shelf and Littliest found those mini nutcrackers at Michaels a few weeks back. He bought one for himself and Oldest. Well Oldest decided that they made for great pretties and placed them here! I think he may have a lil' bit of my decorating bug in him to his father's dismay!;)

She is my newest addition this year. Purchased her at Michaels a few weeks back when she was on sale. The candle sticks are from Target and they actually flicker with white light and not the orangey halloweeny glow.

I had been trying to figure out what to do with these doors and last week I stumbled upon a new blog and they had shared how they added ribbon to their kitchen cabinets and hung their Christmas cards! Of course I thought it was a marvelous idea and had to steal...um borrow...it for the armoire doors. I wish I could remember who it was that shared first. I will have to go back and see if I can find it so I can give credit where credit is due. My lil' clips I have had for years and just never knew what to do with them. They are from World Market.
Hope you enjoyed the tour of our 2010 Christmas mantle! Even though it was a bit more stressful to decorate this year I really am having more fun! Thanx for stopping by! I will be sharing more soon. Yes, I did say more!Ha!

And to all a good night!
Linking up to the following parties:
Boring to Better Party- Savvy Southern Style
All Things Merry & Bright- All Things Heart & Home

No Mninimalist Here- Holiday Share The Decor
Kellys Korner-Show Us Your Life Holiday Addition
The Nester- Christmas Tour OF Homes
















20 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love the Mark Roberts' fairies! Yours are great! You can really see the difference in the mantle with the makeover you did on it, Pamela. The mirror really makes a difference too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS! Pamela, you did an incredible job! I just love the idea of adding the candle ring to the wreath...genius! And, I totally want those nutcracker topiaries. I have never seen any like them. So not fair that we don't have Cracker Barrel!
    It is all truly lovely my friend!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pamela, I see you couldn't wait. I love your mantel and lucky you with Mark Roberts fairies. I just have look alikes and not the real thing. Everything looks so good. Thanks for sharing this, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just Beautiful, Pamela! I really like how you put the glitter letters on each stocking! Those little nutcracker topiaries are so unique! I bet your boys are loving all your Christmas decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful home you have...it all looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, just beautiful. I especially love the I Can Explain pillow :) Truly a pillow for a family with young boys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely. Your MR fairies are such fun, and I love the 2 mirrors on your mantel. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy crud. This gives me mantle envy! If I took a picture of my mantel right now and sent it to you, you see it decorated with nothing but DUST. :) TOMORROW! Tomorrow! Tomorrow I decorate! Your house is amazing, Pamela!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the nutcracker topiaries!! I saw them in your first post and had a fit over them. Lucky you!! Going to have to track some down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pamela,
    Just beautiful! That's all I could say!!

    A Debbie-Dabble Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did an awesome job with the decorating. So many great ideas to take away. I love the double mirror, the initials on the stockings and the cards hanging from the armoire doors! The picture at night really captures how beautiful the room looks.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome decor and Awesome photos! So glad to have found you from All Things Heart and Home this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so gorgeous and festive! I love your lighted garland, berrie topiaries and those adorable elves! You have such a beautiful home too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything looks so beautiful! Your home definitely feels like Christmas! I love the nutcracker topiary and the angel on top of the armoire is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The mantle looks beautiful with such festive elements, especially the fairies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I could look at your mantle pics all day. They put you in the holiday spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the "jazzed up" mantle this year! Just looks terrific. And if those little fairies go missing, it wasn't me....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything looks so beautiful! Have a blessed Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love when ya stop by so leave me a comment if ya have some time! I always try and respond but sadly enough sometimes I am unable to return the love due to noreply blogger status.