Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving, Antiquing & Yes Chalk Styled Paint!

I wanted to take this moment to wish each and every one of you a joyous Thanksgiving! May it be filled with family and friends and many many blessings! May it also be  filled with safe travels, good food and good shopping!

Speaking of shopping I have been doing plenty of that this week! I am not able to share all the eye candy with y'all today but I thought that I would share a glimpse of what is to come!;) Please keep in mind they are all done with my phone!:)

  
I have been enjoying antiquing with my Mama. We went to many places that I just loved!
Speaking of things I loved, this lamp was one of those!! It even had all of its original crystals!
This was a shop I went to with The Nana! 
And as luck would have it I ended up at a shop that carries Annie Sloan Paints that I just could not resist! I will share all about that shop in an upcoming post. It is beyond fabulous!
I brought home some sample pots. I ran out of Old Ochre and I just had to try Aubusson Blue.
Then I also picked up a quart of this!! What is it you may be wondering!? Hold on to your seats!! It is another version of a chalk styled paint!!  I saw it when out antiquing with mom and had to research it and here is what I found from CeCe's FB page! 









CeCe Caldwell's Paints are wonderful earth friendly, all natural chalk and clay water based paints designed for use on furniture and home decor items. Naturally Green in the Color of your CHOICE!

CeCe Caldwell loves to take old and make it new again. Painting furniture and home decor items is a passion of hers. She is also concerned with leaving this earth in better shape for the next generations. She wanted a paint with a wide color pallet was focused toward the American home decor traditions and trends. She also required something environment-friendly. She desired a sealing wax that she felt comfortable using around children and pets. CeCe began searching for a product similar to traditional chalk paint, but could not find what she wanted. A few companies came close and after much work & testing she was able to develop a product that met her requirements: excellent adhesion to various surfaces, self-priming as well as no odor, NO VOCs, no acrylic and non-toxic. The wax is a non-petroleum based, natural wax. In addition to being better for you, your family and the environment, it goes on smoothly without any drag or streaking. CeCe's products are designed with ease of use for the DIYer and to meet the demanding needs of Decorative Artisians.

 If you want to learn more go to her FB page and read all the posts! It is really quite exciting! There will be I think 37 colors in all!! Be sure to tell her I sent ya!:)

Now for those of us who are die hard Annie Sloan fans please do not think I am a trader! I promise I am NOT! I think both paints will be fabulous in their own rights! Stay tuned for my review coming soon!

And to leave ya drooling a bit here is the color I purchased! Love love love it!

Again have a fabulous Thanksgiving and remember Treasure Hunt Thursday will be back NEXT Thursday same time & same place! 



Linking up to the following linky parties:
Tuesdays Treasures
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Wow Us Wednesdays
Transformation Thursday
Feathered Nest Friday
Inspiration Friday


17 comments:

  1. I love that color Pamela. Have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you see that chalk paint around here. I was very surprised to see it at the QOH in Alpharetta today. That is brand new there. Yay, finally I can go buy it. That other paint is getting ready to be introduced by another blogger Ann who is on my blog roll. She is working with it, too and the Annie Sloan paint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is at the QOH isn't it. I recognize it more now. I stood there with my mouth open when I first saw it. Finally!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Pamela I could spend all day in a shop like that!! Can't wait to see what your up to. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always looking for environment-friendly products. The color of that paint is scrumptious. Thanks for sharing. Doubt I'll ever be able to buy it locally, though. The closest Annie Sloan distributor to me is more than 500 miles away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually have a couple of places here that I can buy the chalk paint, Pamela! Was glad to see that. Your phone takes some pretty darn good pictures! Great places you visited.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family too Pamela. Gorgeous eye candy and can't wait to hear your review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Home decoration with oil on canvas paintings is a great way to bring your home decor up a few notches. Many people see original artwork as having an understated wonderful elegance.
    short sales in chicago

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your adorable family! I know you are having a ball with your mom at all of the stores.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pamela, that looks like my kinda shop! Wowsie. I am interested to go check out that new paint. I just used some Annie Sloan for my first time this past month.Love it! Although I have been making a mixture of my own with flat paints for years, Annie is so much easier to distress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pamela,
    This DESTIN GULF shade is a must for me...thanks a millon for the intro...going over to check it out.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing Pamela! So nice to have other options...can't wait to see what you are up to my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pics, Pamela! And, I look forward to your thoughts on the new paint. A friend of mine is now selling here, too ... can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Off to check out this new product! It never hurts to have competition and more options for our projects! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where did you get the sample size paint from? How cool another chalk paint...I will head over to that FB page...thanks for sharing!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pictures, Pamela! I see so many inspiring items! I love this new Chalk Paint! I can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kim,
    I'm so glad you found my space full of Annie Sloan paint at the Queen of Hearts in Alpharetta! I am so proud to be a distributor of the paint because I love it so much. Please check out my website for information about upcoming workshops. www.brushstrokesbymaryanne.com
    Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete

I love when ya stop by so leave me a comment if ya have some time! I always try and respond but sadly enough sometimes I am unable to return the love due to noreply blogger status.