Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Designer Showcase Home & Leslie Sinclair

Sunday was a busy day. I had a lot to accomplish in a short amount of time but I will share more about that in another post. 
Part of my adventure on Sunday involved traveling to see The Pink Ribbon House. I was very excited but very nervous at the same time. My men were all staying home and I was venturing out on my own. Those who personally know me know that I do NOT travel very far from home. I have a crazy fear of driving on the Beltway or Interstates. The only reason I was willing to venture out to the Pink Ribbon House was because I essentially knew where I was going and that at the time I chose to go traffic would be semi light. It was still a white knuckle two hands on the wheel drive though. 
I thankfully made it in one piece! The Pink Ribbon home is in an older neighborhood in Houston. You will see a variety of different style of homes from original homes to new homes. This was a newer home.  
Here is an original home. A lot of times for people to get into the older neighbors down in Houston they will purchase the older homes for the land and tear down the original home. This was the case with The Pink Ribbon House. 
There were Pink Ribbons to guide you in.
I parked in front of this beautiful older but obviously updated home. I LOVED the landscaping out front. 
I was excited to have made it to The Pink Ribbon Home. Not only because I was going to be touring a showcase of immense talent but because I was going to meet up with.....
Sharon a fellow blogger from Mrs. Hines Class blog! We had been talking about meeting up for awhile now and figured this was as good of time as any! 
So come on along with Sharon and me on our covert operation of sorts ( no pics were allowed so we took what we could ) and tour this fabulous home! Yes, you must wear the pink booties or go bare foot.
This is a beautiful window treatment in the downstairs utility room/office. I am not really sure what this space was because it didn't have a washer or dryer but was off of the mudroom. Beautiful space none the less.
Half bath with skirted sink. I loved the sink itself and the antique silver trey the soap was laying in.
Sharon and I stood there analyzing this wall treatment for a few minutes. It looks like wide burlap ribbon put on top of plaster and then lightly coated with plaster. Very interesting and not so sure how it would stand up to dust and all but intriguing none the less. Another viewer told us it was actually wall paper.
This is the view from the half bath and I only am sharing because of the awesome trellis work for the jasmine growing on the fence! This will be beautiful once it is all grown in! 
This is part of the master closet. Oh what wonderful storage! 
The master bath was just gorgeous! I am not sure wether or not the columns will be staying because I can certainly see them being knocked over by little ones running around. They do help make the space though.
The fixtures in the master shower were divine! After getting home and thinking about it though I wonder how hard it would be to keep them free of soap scum.
Outside there are several little court yard areas and this one was off of the dinning room. There were even hidden outdoor speakers. A perfect party place!
Here is another example of the homes around The Pink Ribbon Home. I found this one to be very odd indeed.
This one is across the street and I just loved it to pieces! The front porch was large enough for rocking chairs.
Not only did we get to tour such a beautiful home but we also got to meet some of the very talented designers. Here is Leslie Sinclair of Segreto Designs and Julia Blailock of Blailock Design. I wish Juila had a website but I can't find one. These ladies were the nicest gals ever! They both had a hand at the design of the kitchen and living area. I wish I had a picture of the dining room that Leslie did because it was amazing! I will include links to other sites though that have a better representation of this beautiful home.

Here are some links to other sites that have more pictures of The Pink Ribbon House. I just LOVED the back patio! Let me know which rooms are your favorite! It was mentioned by a few of the ladies there that the furnishings in the home were not staying and that the home owners would be moving their own furnishings in in a few weeks.


Houston Chronicle
Culture Map Houston

Linking up to the following link parties:
Metamorphosis Monday
Cowgirl Up Party
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Wow Us Wednesday


15 comments:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful tour. I loved the master bath.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pamela, As a native Houstonian myself I am right there with you about driving outside of my comfort zone. I tend to stay on my side of town as much as possible. I've never heard about the Pink Ribbon house, what a beauty! Thanks so much for sharing :)
    Tami @ Curb Alert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just like my sister sneaking in pictures when you weren't suppose to. I love home tours and there is one home here to tour of retired Braves player Mark Wohlers. I am dying to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE home tours!!! So much fun with a girlfriend. Looks like some interesting design tips there...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, my, my!!!!! I'm in absolute love with this house. I love all the white and grey and softness of it all. I took a look at some of those links you gave and found the dining room. I think it is the most beautiful dining room EVER! I hope Joni of Cote de Texas blog will tour and share some pics too. She seems to be the lady in the know concerning houses in Houston and loves this kind of decor too! Thanks for sharing your tour with us. I really, want the kithcen and dining room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! Thanks for the tour :)
    Greetings from Australia♥
    ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a wonderful time with amazing inspiration.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for showing your pictures and giving the other links. Loved the kitchen and dining room. It was so much fun to see these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, it's fabulous! Take me next time Pammy and I'll do the driving. I love stuff like this! Up in Fort Worth they call it Designer Showhouse, or House of Dreams...something like that. I worked in one once in college, greeting people at the door. Haha

    I got your message. We drove in from DFW today and then spent the evening at that ER, up there behind Ace Hardware, bc the little one fell and needed stitches in her chin. I'm EXHAUSTED!

    hugs,
    Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the "sneaked peeks"....the master bath was awesome...So glad you met up with Sharon...she is a great lady!....and I am glad to hear that you had a great time and a wonderful experience with meeting Leslie and Juia...they seem like very nice ladies!...
    Beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning Pamela!! Thanks for taking us along! I'm off to ck out some of those links.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you enjoyed your day. Thanks for taking us along on your tour. The homes you visited are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just stopping by to say Hi..May you have the best week ever my friend..Hugs and smiles Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  14. hehehehe you sneak. I love it. How neat you got to meet up with Sharon, she is a sweetie too Pamela!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Pamela, thank you for sharing these beautiful homes. This was fab!
    ~CAS~

    ReplyDelete

I love when ya stop by so leave me a comment if ya have some time! I always try and respond but sadly enough sometimes I am unable to return the love due to noreply blogger status.