Sunday, July 8, 2012

Travels

Source
This past week we traveled to Georgia to spend time with our families. 

We experienced a freak hail storm at my Mama's.

Mom and I had fun shopping together. I loved this mirror!! Mom & I would get into so much trouble if we lived near each other!:)

One of the gift shops we like looking thru.

Found some beautiful tobacco baskets. I was thinking of getting the darker one but had to think about it over night. We figured they would still be there. The next day we went back to the shop after lunch and no lie just as we pulled up somebody came out of the shop walking with it!:( I went in and looked at the lighter one. The gal said they were originals but they were just too clean so I am thinking they were reproductions and thus I decided to leave the lighter one behind. 

I also went back to buy this huge shelf we saw at the shop next door. It too was gone. I just figured that I was meant to find even better things later.

After a few days at Moms we headed to Atl to visit with The Nana & The Papa. 

After going to the Pottery Barn Outlet we decided to head to Dahlonega. We had never been and it was just down the road from the outlets.

We went to the Gold Museum and watched a film about the Gold Rush. The theater was upstairs in the old court room. These seats I thought were gorgeous and date back to the mid 1800's.

While in the mountains we went Gem Hunting which was really fun.

Oh my, I can not count how many antique shops are up by the in laws house! I was in heaven! 

This shop I actually went to twice!

I loved this old ladder.

I found these old spindles which appear to be hand spun. Most of them ended up coming home with us.

We had sooo much fun catching lightening bugs in the evenings. The boys had never seen any before. One night we had over 12.

We had a fabulous trip but as anybody knows there is no place like home. 

Now I have to go thru all my goodies.

I also need to finish working on the side tables and start a few more projects.

I hope that everybody had a wonderful 4th!


11 comments:

  1. Well, girl you visited the antique shops close to me. I shop both those in Braselton all the time. I haven't been lately because it has been so hot and they don't have good air conditioning. Look at all the stuff you got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, some fabulous shops and so much eye candy. I would be in real trouble. Sounds like a wonderful trip and visit with family. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it looks like you got some great goodies, Pamela! I love what I can see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun trip and look at all the wonderful shops and the goodies you came home with! Enjoy all your new finds! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great trip away, looking forward to seeing your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a good time! Hey, I bought one of your pillows this week out at the old oak cottage (the stripe one), also picked up a couple of other little things.
    I like the globe you got, I have one similar, and today I went antique shopping by myself and got a little globe bank :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great places you found there. It looks like you are having a wonderful time and I can't wait to see what all you found! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you certainly had a nice trip and came back with loads of goodies....

    I love Dahlonega...such a beautiful town...Stayed at a nearby Inn there many years ago...the Blueberry inn??
    Anyway...gorgeous area!!!...Glad you home safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your vacations are my kind of fun! Visiting family and finding fabulous shops! I have been looking for a tobacco basket to hang in a guest room I am redoing! Sorry it got away!
    Well, there is always an old treasure around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You wee just right up the road from me when you were in Braselton! How fun! Gotta love that fabulous trumeau mirror! I want one...badly! lol Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at all of those awesome shops!!! What a fun trip with your mom.
    Happy Monday

    ReplyDelete

I love when ya stop by so leave me a comment if ya have some time! I always try and respond but sadly enough sometimes I am unable to return the love due to noreply blogger status.