Friday, October 2, 2009

Happy Fall Ya'll!

I should have done this post yesterday with it having been Oct 1 and all but oh well. I hope that you all are enjoying making your home festive! I usually have the house decorated by the end of August. Yes, The Hubster thinks I am crazy but I enjoy it. This year not so much. I have been focusing on getting other things done around the house and thinking abt all the Christmas decorating I want to do so I keep telling myself to save up so I can make the Christmas holiday just the way I want it.
I did decide though after browsing thru blog land that I wanted to make a new fall wreath for the front door. I fell in love with the initial wreaths I had seen and since HobLob had all wreath making stuff half off last week I went for it! So for a mere $21 my front stoop has a semi fall make over. I was in the process of taking out the ferns and noticed that there is a family of lizards living in them. Silly lizards do not realize those darn things are fakes! HA! I kinda feel guilty upsetting their habitat but they have thru the weekend and then they need to find a nest.

Here is an up close of the initial wreath I made. I love the colors! I do wish my "F" was bigger but that is the largest I could find and my second attempt. I used The Nester's wreath hanging trick instead of putting a hole in the front door. Works much better. The wreath is I think an 18 inch grapevine. All I used was one garland that I just wired on and then some fall picks. The ribbon I already had from when I made wreaths for the front doors at the last house in Baton Rouge. Yes I said doors. We had a double door thing going on. I am actually not even sure where those wreaths are at...hmmmm.

Here is one pile of fall decor waiting to be placed. The tall topiary thingys are actually going on top of the urns and will be decorated with lights and garland wrapped around um. I will probably top um off with a raffia bow of sorts. I wanted to make a pumpkin topiarys but I just could not bring myself to spend $30 on each urn. $6o on fake pumpkins was just too much for me so I will be watching out for the big mark downs soon to come. Also there is a little snippet of the new rugs I ordered from Ballard a few weeks back. I LOVE um! Once painting is done I will have everybody over for a tour!;)

Here is a sneak peek at another project in the works. Turned out to be more than I originally wanted it to be but oh well. Have a good one ya'll!


P.s I am joining in over at Rhoda's at Southern Hospitality for the Fall decorating Party! Go on over and have some fun!

3 comments:

  1. I love your wreath. I've been thinking of doing one as well. Thanks for the hanging tip. You aren't scared of lizards? I think I would be. Can't wait to see what you do with the pike of goodies and what your next project is. I'm a follower.

    Please stop by and say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love us some lizards! I have two boys so I can't help but to love um. Now spiders, snakes and ants I can live without. Oh and those slimy snakey lizard things called skanks. I HATE those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty wreath, i love the F!!

    ReplyDelete

I love when ya stop by so leave me a comment if ya have some time! I always try and respond but sadly enough sometimes I am unable to return the love due to noreply blogger status.