Friday, July 22, 2011

A cup of OCD anyone!?

Last week I was busy trying to put everything back in its place since the floors were finally done. Don't worry I am not talking abt my floors in this post! Ha! I changed the foyer wall display to this and I just really was not digging it. I obsessed and obsessed and obsessed some more over it. I had to figure something out with little to no money so it was a challenge.

I finally decided I wanted to attempt a frame wall so I gathered all my frames up and started playing.

This little frame is actually from HobLob and was just a little ol plastic white frame. I sprayed it with some ORB spray paint.

I then decided that was not enough and busted out the Rub N Buff in Antique Gold. 

Next came out my new Annie Sloan Chalk Paints and the stranger sign from the foyer. I no longer wanted the sign to be all black so I decided to paint the frame.

The first color I opened was my Chateau Grey. Boy was this stuff super watery!! I stirred and stirred and even put the lid back on and shook it. Still watery.

Used it anyways on the sign.

I also used it on another project I was doing at the same time. In this pic you can see just how watery this color is after one coat. I am wondering if anybody has had this issue or did I just get a bad can!?  

Next I popped open my Old White which was exactly how I expected it to be! Nice and smooth. Not watery.

Then I opened the Jacobean wax which was smooth as butta!! I LOVE this stuff y'all! It was super easy to work with.

After adding a few strokes of Old White to the frame I went over it with the Jacobean to add some age to it.

I think it looks pretty good. Better than it being all black.



Next I started hanging my frames and a few other things.
And here is the final result. I am so glad found a place to use my vintage light sconces that I purchased last month at The Old Oak Cottage. Though I wish I could have used them as electric the candles will do just fine. I did not have enough frames to do an entire frame wall so I am going to continue collecting them and then as I get some more I will add them to this wall or just find something to frame out the top of the wall display. Not sure yet but it does need something more since the wall is so vast in size.

Be sure to stop by my Appreciation Party and get a chance at asking Annie Sloan any question that may be on your mind about her or her chalk paint! Annie thought answering your questions was a fab idea! I will be taking questions thru August 1st and am hoping to get quite a few to choose from! ;)

Linking up to the following linky parties:









Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special












     border="0"         href="http://tatertotsandjello.blogspot.com"  
     target="_blank">
src="http://hadfield.smugmug.com/photos/825895175_xmTVA-O.jpg"        
  alt="Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!"  />











Furniture Feature Fridays

UndertheTableandDreaming 

Hope your Friday was good one! Also don't forget you can now find me on FaceBook!



19 comments:

  1. The framed wall looks nice. Not sure why the paint was watery. I have had some thick and some thinner. They say to leave the top off or don't put it on tight and let the paint thicken over time. Also if you don't want the brown to stick and not come off you need to use the clear wax first then the brown can be taken back off if it is too dark. Just some tips I have learned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like al the techniques you use on wood. I really would like to know more about the Fidde & Sons wax, where did you get it and what color do you use. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look great!
    I need to get me some of this paint! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new wall display Pamela! I have the same black sign hanging over the door in my kitchen, I like what you did to it. The same thing happened to me when I got my Chateau Grey paint it's very watery not like the other colors. Martina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your framed quote and the new look, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe that oranate frame is plastic, Pamela! Love it! Hmm, I have to read your comments on this post to see if that is how the grey comes, because I wanted to try one of the greys next. So those other frames pictures on the floor didn't work well? I guess you'd have to lay something like that out to be sure before making holes in the wall. : ) What about a gallery wall? Maybe a large monogram letter for your last name thrown into the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tutorial. I haven't used chaulk paint yet. I still need to try it. I love the new entry especially the sign.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the frame layered over the mirror! You did a terrific job.

    (new follower here!)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooops.. not layered over a mirror at all.. lol. It's too early. ;) I still love your wall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the work you did on the wall. Such fun frames. The stranger quote is great.

    I am popping over from Sarah's great paint party. (Link #34)

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! The new arrangement looks great, Pamela. I like what you did with the frames and the chalk paint. Love those sweet sconces!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the new arrangement. The frames are beautiful and the sign is wonderful all painted and distressed. The sconces look great also. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  13. This turned out exactly right. Well done. I love the sconces...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything looks so pretty and I'm really LOVING that bench!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful pieces and great ideas!
    Some of the colors, especially ones with more green to them (like the Chateau Grey) tend to be a different consistency. As Kim said, you can leave the lid off to thicken it a little, but the color is just so pretty!

    Would love to have you stop by and link up at my weekly Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Link Party

    www.ShadesofAmberInc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, it looks completely gorgeous! Well done you!

    Thank you so much for linking up to my 'Paint, Please' link party.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  17. That frame wall is very nice. My favorite part is ornate frame. And it's plastic too! You said it's from HobLob, that's Hobby Lobby right lol?

    -http://designpardeux.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love when ya stop by so leave me a comment if ya have some time! I always try and respond but sadly enough sometimes I am unable to return the love due to noreply blogger status.